Corporate Counsel Externship Program
The Corporate Counsel Externship Program provides a unique opportunity for students to work in an in-house counsel office with attorneys on a range of legal matters.
The program involves a three credit pass/fail course with a field placement and classroom component. Participation in the program also includes a specialized Corporate Counsel Externship course, which is only offered in the Spring Semester. The course will be taught by Prof. Christopher Rahl in the Spring of 2020.
The course focuses on the role and responsibilities of in-house counsel, the work of a corporate law department, attorney-client relationships, ethics and the development of legal skills including research, analysis, writing and problem solving.
Past Participating Companies:
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Motorola Solutions
- Baltimore City Public Schools
- Message Systems
- Acton Mobile
- Morgan State University
- TD Ameritrade
- Johns Hopkins Health System Corporation
1) Submit an email stating your interest in the program to Prof. Neha Lall, Director of Externships, no later than October 21, 2019.
2) Attend an informational lunch on October 23, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. in AL102 (teleconference participation is an option).
3) After you are matched with potential placements, you will submit your resume and cover letter to directly to the placement and participate in an interview if required.
Please note that there are a limited number of positions and no guarantee of placement in the Corporate Counsel Externship Program.
Students who are selected for a Corporate Counsel Externship will be required to register for the seminar and commit to completing the program.